Tuesday, March 4, 2008

GP2X Revisited


Soon after my last post, I tried out some simple ideas for smoothing out the spurious stylus events on my GP2X. The results were promising, but unfortunately before I could experiment anymore my device began malfunctioning. The left and right edges of the screen did not respond properly, and the problem quickly worsened. Soon I could only draw on about a third of the display, in a central vertical band.

Luckily it was still under warranty. I sent it back to www.GP2Xstore.com, who promptly passed it on to GamePark Holdings for repair. A few weeks later a replacement arrived. I still can't draw on the extreme left, right and bottom edges, but it works well enough for my primitive drawing program. The improved behaviour due to jitter correction is self-evident.

No comments: